Underground Locating Terms and Conditions
1. This agreement governs the provision of cable, pipe, structure, leak, cavity and any other underground locating services of any nature ("the services") by Briton Infrared Limited to the person or organisation named on the front of this form ("you") or should you except the services upon reviewing this document.
2. You warrant that the services are acquired by you for business purposes only.
3. You acknowledge that the services provided by Briton Infrared Limited are intended to assist in locating targets that are known to us only and/or on plans provided by service company’s. The equipment used in underground locating and detection is not designed for locating unknown underground services.
4. Any plans provided by the service companies give no more than a general guide as to the location of cables or other underground services and may have not been updated.
5. The accuracy of any equipment and procedures used by Briton Infrared can vary. You may not assume that any indicated underground services lies in the position indicated and any depth is to be considered a guideline only therefore you must confirm the position and depth of all cables and other underground services by carefully digging with hand tools or using hydro excavation.
6. Briton Infrared Limited is in no circumstances liable for any damage to or disturbance of cables or services, or for any injury, loss or other consequences of such damage or disturbance, including (without limitation)for loss of use, data, production, profit, revenue, business, contract or anticipated saving, damage to goodwill, reputation or share price, loss of customer or customer losses, loss by reason of full or partial shutdown or non-operation, or for any delay, financing costs or increase in operating costs or any economic loss or for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage which may be suffered by you, or by any other person or organisation including (without limitation) any operator, owner, customer, service company, or subscriber, You will at all times indemnify Briton Infrared Limited against any liability for any such injury, loss or damage, and for all consequences thereof.
7. Without prejudice to the above provision, if Briton Infrared Limited should in any circumstances have any liability to you in tort, contract or otherwise in connection with the services, its liability shall be confined to damages in a maximum sum not exceeding the moneys actually paid to Briton Infrared Limited by you for the services.
8. The above protections and indemnities also apply for the benefit of all employees, officers, agents and contractors of Underground Locators Limited.
9. You acknowledge that this document contains the entire agreement between you and Briton Infrared Limited, and that no representation, warranty or other stipulation inconsistent with this document is expressed or implied on the part of Briton Infrared Limited.
Terms of website use:
1 APPLICATION OF TERMS
1.1 These Terms apply to your use of the Website. By accessing and using the Website:
a you agree to these Terms; and
b where your access and use is on behalf of another person (e.g. a company), you confirm that you are authorised to, and do in fact, agree to these Terms on that person’s behalf and that, by agreeing to these Terms on that person’s behalf, that person is bound by these Terms.
1.2 If you do not agree to these Terms, you are not authorised to access and use the Website, and you must immediately stop doing so.
2.1 We may change these Terms at any time by updating them on the Website. Unless stated otherwise, any change takes effect immediately. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest Terms. By continuing to access and use the Website, you agree to be bound by the changed Terms.
2.2 We may change, suspend, discontinue, or restrict access to, the Website without notice or liability.
2.3 These Terms were last updated on 09/05/2016
In these Terms:
including and similar words do not imply any limit
Loss includes loss of profits, savings, revenue or data, and any other claim, damage, loss, liability and cost, including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis
personal information means information about an identifiable, living person
Underlying System means any network, system, software, data or material that underlies or is connected to the Website
User ID means a unique name and/or password allocated to you to allow you to access certain parts of the Website
We, us or our means Briton Infrared Limited
Website means www.britoninfrared.co.nz
You means you or, if clause 1.1b applies, both you and the other person on whose behalf you are acting.
4 YOUR OBLIGATIONS
4.1 You must provide true, current and complete information in your dealings with us (including when setting up an account), and must promptly update that information as required so that the information remains true, current and complete.
4.2 If you are given a User ID, you must keep your User ID secure and:
a not permit any other person to use your User ID, including not disclosing or providing it to any other person; and
b immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorised use or disclosure of your User ID, by sending an email to [email protected]
4.3 You must:
a not act in a way, or use or introduce anything (including any virus, worm, Trojan horse, timebomb, keystroke logger, spyware or other similar feature) that in any way compromises, or may compromise, the Website or any Underlying System, or otherwise attempt to damage or interfere with the Website or any Underlying System; and
b unless with our agreement, access the Website via standard web browsers only and not by any other method. Other methods include scraping, deep-linking, harvesting, data mining, use of a robot or spider, automation, or any similar data gathering, extraction or monitoring method.
4.4 You must obtain our written permission to establish a link to our Website. If you wish to do so, email your request to [email protected]
4.5 You indemnify us against all Loss we suffer or incur as a direct or indirect result of your failure to comply with these Terms, including any failure of a person who accesses and uses our Website by using your User ID.
We (and our licensors) own all proprietary and intellectual property rights in the Website (including all information, data, text, graphics, artwork, photographs, logos, icons, sound recordings, videos and look and feel), and the Underlying Systems.
6.1 To the extent permitted by law, we and our licensors have no liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any Loss in connection with:
a the Website being unavailable (in whole or in part) or performing slowly;
b any error in, or omission from, any information made available through the Website;
c any exposure to viruses or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system or expose you to fraud when you access or use the Website. To avoid doubt, you are responsible for ensuring the process by which you access and use the Website protects you from this; and
d any site linked from the Website. Any link on the Website to other sites does not imply any endorsement, approval or recommendation of, or responsibility for, those sites or their contents, operations, products or operators.
6.2 We make no representation or warranty that the Website is appropriate or available for use in all countries or that the content satisfies the laws of all countries. You are responsible for ensuring that your access to and use of the Website is not illegal or prohibited, and for your own compliance with applicable local laws.
7.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law:
a you access and use the Website at your own risk; and
b we are not liable or responsible to you or any other person for any Loss under or in connection with these Terms, the Website, or your access and use of (or inability to access or use) the Website. This exclusion applies regardless of whether our liability or responsibility arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise.
7.2 Except to the extent permitted by law, nothing in these Terms has the effect of contracting out of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or any other consumer protection law that cannot be excluded. To the extent our liability cannot be excluded but can be limited, our liability is limited to NZD100.
7.3 To the maximum extent permitted by law and only to the extent clauses 7.1 and 7.2 of these Terms do not apply, our total liability to you under or in connection with these Terms, or in connection with the Website, or your access and use of (or inability to access or use) the Website, must not exceed NZD100
8.1 You are not required to provide personal information to us, although in some cases if you choose not to do so then we will be unable to make certain sections of the Website available to you. For example, we may need to have your contact information in order to provide you with updates from our Website.
8.2 When you provide personal information to us, we will comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
8.3 The personal information you provide to us (including any information provided if you register for an account) is collected and may be used for communicating with you, statistical analysis, the marketing by us of products and services to you, credit checks (if necessary), and research and development.
8.5 Generally, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for them to use for their own purposes. However, some of the circumstances in which we may do this are:
a to service providers and other persons working with us to make the Website available or improve or develop its functionality (e.g. we may use a third party supplier to host the Website);
b in relation to the proposed purchase or acquisition of our business or assets; or
c where required by applicable law or any court, or in response to a legitimate request by a law enforcement agency.
8.6 Any personal information you provide to us may be stored on the secure servers of our trusted service providers, which may be located outside New Zealand. This may involve the transfer of your personal information to countries which have less legal protection for personal information than New Zealand.
8.7 You have the right to request access to and correction of any of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise these rights, please email us at [email protected]
9 SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
9.1 Without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, if we consider that you have breached these Terms or we otherwise consider it appropriate, we may immediately, and without notice, suspend or terminate your access to the Website (or any part of it).
9.2 On suspension or termination, you must immediately cease using the Website and must not attempt to gain further access.
10.2 These Terms, and any dispute relating to these Terms or the Website, are governed by and must be interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand in relation to any dispute connected with these Terms or the Website.
10.3 For us to waive a right under these Terms, the waiver must be in writing.
10.4 Clauses which, by their nature, are intended to survive termination of these Terms, including clauses 4.5 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 10.1 , continue in force.
10.5 If any part or provision of these Terms is or becomes illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, that part or provision is deemed to be modified to the extent required to remedy the illegality, unenforceability or invalidity. If a modification is not possible, the part or provision must be treated for all purposes as severed from these Terms. The remainder of these Terms will be binding on you.
10.6 These Terms set out everything agreed by the parties relating to your use of the Website and supersede and cancel anything discussed, exchanged or agreed prior to you agreeing to these Terms. The parties have not relied on any representation, warranty or agreement relating to the Website that is not expressly set out in the Terms, and no such representation, warranty or agreement has any effect from the date you agreed to these Terms.